Austin and Surrounding Areas Pest Control: Moths
The Indian meal moth is a common pest recognized by its pale gray or coppery brown front wings. Similar to a small pinkish caterpillar in its larval stage, this moth hides within and feeds on stored food products.
Moths get inside a home or commercial location via open windows, doors or accidentally from infested plants or items such as rugs, clothing or linens. A potential problem for residential homes, bakeries, restaurants, grain industries and warehouses storing grains, cereals and flour, moth infestations are also easily spread worldwide through commercial trading.
Outdoor lighting during the evening hours is also a significant factor in attracting moths to residential or commercial location. The Clothes moth is considered to be a serious pest since they derive their main source of nourishment from natural fibers and dry food products that include all grains and pet food stored anywhere in homes or businesses across the Austin and surrounding areas region.
Professional Inspection for a Moth Infestation
Be Bug Free Services pest management specialists will carefully inspect carpets, closets, bedding pillowcases, food storage areas and all items made from natural fibers at your home or business in Austin and surrounding areas when checking for a moth infestation.
Eco-Friendly Moth Removal and Prevention Tips
Our licensed and experienced Austin and surrounding areas technicians will apply several non-toxic moth control and removal measures that include:
- Moth traps that inhibit mating between males and females
- Dry ice fumigation: Sealing affected objects in plastic with treated dry ice to kill moths at any stage of the life cycle
- Industrial dry cleaning techniques that kill moths
- Freezing or heating of moth infested objects
- Apply a series of proven chemical and organic moth removal techniques
- Provide you with several do-it-yourself tips and solutions to prevent moths from invading your home or business
Heavy Duty Moth Removal for any Industry
In the case of a persistent moth infestation, Be Bug Free Services pest management services include the application of specially formulated insecticides and pheromone treatment techniques for guaranteed results.
Call us for a free consultation to learn more about how to handle a moth infestation at your location in Austin and surrounding areas.
Facts about Moths
- The larvae of the silk moth is actually cultivated and farmed for its silk which produces over 130 kilograms annually and worth approximately 250 million US dollars!
- Most adult moths do not eat at all and drink only nectar. Only one species of moth actually eats wool.
- Clothes moths avoid man-made fibers. Woolens and other natural fabrics must be dry cleaned or washed before storage.
- Moths and other pest are attracted to stored food such as flour and grains. Seal these items in sturdy plastic food containers. Some pests can actually chew into cardboard boxes and thin polythene bags.
- Moths are nocturnal and attracted to bright locations with ample food supplies that include restaurants and grocery stores.
Any dried food product should be checked regularly for the presence of moths. Maintaining high standards of cleanliness in cupboards and food storage areas helps to avoid infestations. Call a professional pest control expert at Be Bug Free Services for a licensed inspection.