Austin and surrounding areas Bed Bug Pest Control
Bed bugs have become a serious problem throughout North America and Austin and surrounding areas is no exception. Challenging to get rid of and control because of their ability to survive long periods of time without feeding, Be Bug Free Services has devised effective pest management techniques that eliminate bed bugs from your home or commercial property in Austin and surrounding areas.
Bed Bug Hiding Places
A thorough inspection of a property infested with bed bugs is necessary in order for pest control management to be effective. Habitats include mattress seams, bed frames, headboards, baseboards and carpet edges. Cracks and crevices, upholstered furniture and particularly any area used for sleeping are also potential hiding places for bed bugs.
What Do Bed Bugs Look Like?
Bed bugs are oval shaped and cannot fly. With blood as their sole food source, bites may be painless but often cause uncomfortable skin irritations, excessive itching and complications with allergies. Many report difficulties with stress, anxiety and insomnia due to the presence of bed bugs.
How Do Bedbugs Enter a Austin and surrounding areas Location?
Bed Bugs are most frequently transferred into the home or workplace through luggage and other items that have become infested at hotels, motels and other hospitality locations during travel. Bed bugs can also be brought into your property via used bedding, furniture and clothing.
How to Avoid Bed Bugs While Travelling
- Do not put your clothing or suitcase directly on the hotel bed
- Keep luggage off the ground
- Use metal luggage racks
- Look for bed bugs all the way around and under the mattress
- Check bed linens and headboards for bloodstains or fecal matter
Common Signs of a Bed Bug Infestation Include:
- Blood or rust colored stains on bed sheets and pillow cases
- Powdery fecal matter found in crevices throughout your home or commercial property
- Persistent musty odor
Bed bugs have resurfaced in great numbers due to the banning of the use of specific pesticides. Be Bug Free Services employs effective treatments to remove bed bugs from your Austin and surrounding areas property. Our trained pest control specialists will meticulously eliminate all traces of an infestation with proven and effective techniques that are safe for children or pets.
Tips for Bed Bug Infestations:
- Consistent vacuuming and steam cleaning of carpets.
- Clothing and bedding can be placed in the dryer on the highest heat setting for at least 15 min.
- Purchase a bed bug proof cover for your mattress.
Facts About Bed Bugs
- Female bed bugs lay anywhere from 200- 500 eggs a year and reproduce very quickly. Without pest management, bed bugs can reach a population of hundreds or thousands in a single room or unit.
- Bed bugs feed solely on human blood and can survive up to a year without food. Professional assistance to eliminate this persistent pest is strongly recommended.