Austin and surrounding areas Bed Bug Pest Control
Bed bugs in Austin and surround areas have become a serious problem. Challenging to get rid of and control because of their ability to survive long periods of time without feeding, Be Bug Free Services has devised effective pest management techniques that eliminate bed bugs from your home or commercial property in Austin and surrounding areas.
A thorough inspection of a property infested with bed bugs is required for pest control management to be effective. Bed bugs have resurfaced in great numbers due to the banning of the use of specific pesticides. Be Bug Free Services employs effective treatments to remove bed bugs from your Austin and surrounding areas property. Our trained pest control specialists will meticulously eliminate all traces of an infestation with proven and effective techniques that are safe for children or pets.
Bed Bug Hiding Places
Habitats include mattress seams, bed frames, headboards, baseboards, carpet edges, cracks and crevices, upholstered furniture and particularly any area used for sleeping are potential hiding places for bed bugs.
Bed Bugs are most frequently transferred into the home or workplace through luggage and other items that have become infested at hotels, motels and other hospitality locations during travel. Bed bugs can also be brought into your property via previously used bedding, furniture and clothing.
Bed bug bites may be painless but often cause uncomfortable skin irritations, excessive itching and complications with allergies. Many report difficulties with stress, anxiety and insomnia due to the presence of bed bugs.
Common Signs of a Bed Bug Infestation Include:
- Blood or rust colored stains on bed sheets and pillowcases
- Powdery fecal matter found in crevices throughout your home or commercial property
- Persistent musty odor
How to Avoid Bed Bugs While Traveling
- Do not put your clothing or suitcase directly on hotel bedding
- Keep luggage off the ground, use metal luggage racks
- Look for bed bugs all the way around and under the mattress
- Check bed linens and headboards for bloodstains or fecal matter
Bed Bug Infestation tips:
- Consistent vacuuming and steam cleaning of carpets.
- Clothing and bedding can be placed in the dryer on the highest heat setting for at least 15 min.
- Purchase a bed bug proof cover for your mattress.
- (Link to bed bug preparation sheet)
Facts About Bed Bugs
- Female bed bugs lay anywhere from 200- 500 eggs a year and reproduce very quickly. Bed bugs can reach a population of hundreds or thousands in a single room or unit.
- Bed bugs feed solely on human blood and can survive up to a year without food.
- Bed bugs are oval shaped and cannot fly.