We Eliminate Spiders in Austin and surrounding areas
Since spiders are natural predators, other insects serve as their main source of sustenance. Reducing the spider’s food supply through strategic pest control methods is recommended for effective control. Experienced Be Bug Free Services technicians apply an integrated pest management plan to eliminate spider infestations. This includes the implementation of preventative measures, practical tips for improved sanitation and controlled applications of specific pest control products in targeted areas to ensure that spiders do not return or settle in on your property in the first place.
What can you do to help eliminate spiders?
- Install darker, orange toned lights on the exterior to reduce insect activity. This will reduce a spider’s food source.
- Seal cracks in foundations and caulk windows and doors to prevent spider entry
- Trim bushes and trees close to your property
- Declutter closets, basements, attics and garages
Interesting Spider Facts
- Spiders are found on every continent except Antarctica.
- Approximately one million spiders inhabit one acre of land with up to 3 million in tropical regions. It is estimated that we are never ever more than 10 feet from a spider!
- The deadliest spiders include the black widow, funnel web, and brown recluse spiders. Interestingly, the tarantula is the most feared, but has surprisingly weak venom.
- Research conducted at Columbia University indicates that, our fear of spiders – a condition known as “arachnophobia” – is rooted in our DNA